1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Airline?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by amelia88, May 11, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I put this under the Australia subheading as two of the airlines I have really loved have been from Australia and New Zealand. The Australian airline is Qantas, and the NZ one is Air New Zealand. Both had really friendly staff and great on board entertainment, and the food was actually surprisingly good on both (I usually don't care for airline food at all!)

Have you got a favorite airline? What to you makes an airline better than its' competitors?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

In my travels, I have taken Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines. Of the 4 airlines, I would say Cathay Pacific is the best. The best facility it has is the monitor. Each passenger, even in the economy class, is provided with a monitor that is like a computer tablet. It has some tv channels, movie channels and even games apart from the statistics of the flight (so you know how fast and high you are going and the estimated time of arrival as well). Another plus is the comfortable legroom that is missing in Cebu Pacific planes. With those 2 factors, I vote for Cathay Pacific.

3. Coco

Coco Active Member

Well, I'll answer the best airline in Australia for me, since we're in that thread anyway. It has to be QANTAS Airlines for me since it's a relatively the best airline choice:
    • When it comes to safety, they have no record of fatalities in any of their flights.
    • Entertainment-wise, you won't get bored during your flight. There's tons of movies and television series to choose from. They even have ports for connecting your own device.
    • The crew were very attentive to our needs as well.
    • Food were plenty as well, even including some mid-meal snacks.
    Leg room for every flight I've been in is really a problem. And it's something that I have learned to accept as well since I cannot fly first or business class anyway. Lol.

amelia88 likes this.
  4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Safety is such a huge consideration for me too, which is another reason I love Qantas too. No fatalities is an awesome record to have! Certainly puts my mind at ease. I think that price is important but it's certainly not worth paying the cheapest price for an airline carrier that has a terrible safety record! It's not worth the risk to me.

On one Qantas flight they gave us the yummiest white chocolate macadamia ice cream - it was SO delicious! I still think about it now, several years later!!

5. Even though I haven't travelled with many airliners in order to have a spherical view regarding your question, however, from my experience I have to say that British Airways and Lufthansa are the best ones I've personally been on.