1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Theme Park In The Usa

Discussion in 'North America' started by amelia88, Apr 21, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I feel like the US is known for theme parks. My favorite is good old Disneyland in California - to me it's the classic and the best. Great rides, a fun atmosphere, and it's for kids and kids at heart. I really do feel like there's something for everyone at Disneyland!

I know that people's opinions are divided on this though - so if you've been to the US (or if you live here!) what is your favorite theme park? If you haven't yet travelled here, is there a particular theme park that is on your absolute MUST see list if you do end up vacationing here?

2. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I'm from New Jersey, rather close to Six Flags Great Adventure. I would say that my experiences at smaller parks like Clementon Family Park and Dutch Wonderland have been infinitely better than bigger places like Six Flags and Busch Gardens, but at the same time I have a great love for Six Flags's Nitro and Kingda Kah. Yet, the smaller parks, like Storybook Land, have such a quaint feel that I can't help but love. There's something so family oriented and quiet--despite all the screaming--about the more limited places. Maybe it's because the lines are shorter haha.

amelia88 likes this.
  3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Valerie I hear you on the shorter lines...but Disneyland has Dole Whip!! And I love that stuff...it's so good!

One of the smaller parks I loved was Silver Dollar City out in Branson MO...short lines and a fun atmosphere! Plus Branson is just a fun place to visit too!

4. Myrr

Myrr Member

Well, I haven't been to the US but if I'd be given a chance to visit, I'd definitely want to see Disneyland, and Universal Studios. I've been to their Asian counterparts and I had a great time. I just want to experience it again, if ever I would be able to visit the United States.

I've only seen videos of Six Flags on social media and the rides really look exhilarating, especially Batman: The Ride.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I highly recommend Universal Studios in Orland, FL. It is so cool to see movies you love come alive around you. If you are a Harry Potter fan, Universal Studios is a must-go destination. Plus, rollercoasters aside, the amusement park has some incredible thrill rides. I've been to Disney in Japan and loved it. In my opinion, Disney in Florida, to me, is a bit overrated. So many go there that you might spend hours trying to ride the teacups. Another alternative is Busch Gardens in Tampa. The place is sprawling, has a mega amount of rides and is not oriented to one set of customer. You can find rides befitting your tastes. Plus, for my experiences, the lines are rather average.
    Oh my, yes, Batman: the Ride is exhilarating. Totally worth the wait. Six Flags is--not to sound punny--a great adventure. There is so much that goes on throughout the year. I love Fright Night during the Halloween season.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

That's my dream since I was a girl - Disneyland in Anaheim, California. I was glad when my husband went to the US in 1988 and he was able to visit that Disneyland. When he came home, I was wide-eyed when he told the story about the rides of that theme park. And although I had been to Hongkong Disneyland 3 times already, I still want to experience that Disneyland in Anaheim. And from what I know, the theme park is upgrading every once in a while so what my husband saw in 1988 would definitely be different now.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I've only ever been to Disneyland in Florida, even though I'm obviously aware that there are others.

Disneyland for me though is probably the one that will always be classed as the ultimate as here in the UK, it's just got something magical about it, and it's a destination that most Brits want to go to, at least once in their life.

8. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH is my favorite by far. I have family in the Detroit area, and we have driven to Cedar Point just about every Summer I've visited since I was a kid. It's about a 2 hour drive or so from Detroit. They have the most, and best roller coasters in the world. Also, they add a new ride just about every year. They have a new coaster coming up for this next season that opens in May. After that I would say Six Flags Magic Mountain in Ventura, CA down near L.A.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I think that with a lot of these theme parks though, they're not that well known outside of the US, not even outside of the particular state they're in even sometimes, so it's only on forums such as this that people get to learn that there even IS a theme park in OH.

10. Aimee P

Aimee P New Member

If I had to choose a favorite theme park it would have to be Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri. I have not been in numerous years so it may not even be the same as it once was. It used to be so much fun and not just the rides either. The atmosphere is old American style. Country and western everything. There would usually be bluegrass music playing in one of the band stands that you could sit and watch for free too. Also, the food was so good. The rides were very fun as well and there was even a train ride. The train always got "robbed" and it was hilarious. I would love to be able to go this summer but sadly we can not.

11. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

Busch Gardens in Virginia. They have a ride their that's worth the visit alone called the Alpengeist. It used to be the tallest I believe until Cedar Point came out with a few ones many years ago. It's an inverted coaster so you are hanging from the bottom which makes it so much smoother and enjoyable. It's definitely worth the trip or even worth stopping by if you are just passing through.

12. maxen57

maxen57 Member

It would be fun to take my son to Disneyland, Legoland and Universal Studios. He's only seen those places on the Internet and I would like to treat him to this places someday. Out of all these three, he's raving about Legoland because he loves building with Lego blocks as well.